In October 2011 MidEuropa acquired a controlling stake in Kent
In October 2011 MidEuropa acquired a controlling stake in Kent Hospital Group, the leading private healthcare group based in Izmir, Turkey. The Group focuses on treatments for private patients as well as publicly insured patients in selective high acuity areas such as organ transplantation, cardiovascular surgery, cardiology and oncology. It is one of the most modern hospitals in Turkey, running 11 operating theatres and 360 beds, and thus able to attract patients nationwide.
MidEuropa identified Kent Hospital Group as a unique and attractive asset following a detailed review of the Turkish healthcare market. We gained exclusivity by developing a strong relationship with the lead shareholder due to our strong sector track record in the healthcare services.
MidEuropa sold Kent Hospital Group to Acibadem Healthcare Group in February 2023.
- Revenue increase c.5x in local currency terms
- Strengthened management, organisational functions and reporting
- Invested c. €50m in new equipment, incremental capacity and general modernisation
- More than doubled overall bed capacity to 360 beds and diversified revenue streams by recruiting leading doctors and launching new specialties such as kidney transplant, bone marrow transplant and oncology services
- Implemented cost control and operational efficiency procedures
- Organic Growth
- Operational Excellence