The number one provider of private out-patient healthcare in Poland
The Lux Med Group is the number one provider of private out-patient healthcare in Poland and was created by a series of acquisitions supported by MidEuropa in 2007 and 2008. MidEuropa had been introduced to the opportunity four years prior to the deal.
Operating in an underfunded public sector, management and MidEuropa saw the potential to provide a better quality and more accessible healthcare offering to an increasingly affluent and educated population. During the years that followed, four of the country’s top-10 healthcare providers were brought together, along with another seven complementary companies. MidEuropa supported the Group to integrate into a single medical IT system and unified medical procedures across the network, ultimately bringing all companies under one Group.
Lux Med Group was sold to international healthcare group Bupa in 2013. At that time, the Group had over 1 million patients and a nationwide network of more than 100 clinics plus over 1,500 affiliates.
- Withing 12 months of the investment, integrated four companies into a single entity with one HQ
- Expanded and opened new clinics, including 1-day hospital in Warsaw
- Invested in an integrated IT system to enable full network integration
- Introduced medical best-practices across all Lux Med group companies
- Improved procurement by utilising pricing power, reduced overheads and unit costs
- Number of patients increased from 244,000 in 2007 to over one million in 2012 through organic growth and seven add-on acquisitions led by MidEuropa
- Created the best management team in the market by selecting out of the pool of managers in the group
- Acquisitive Growth
- Operational Excellence